Saturday, September 20, 2014

More Than A Name

  Sometimes I struggle with my past. I think people are judging me, not for who I am, but for where I come from or who my family is. I think "They think nothing good can come from a one-parent family. My dad left and there's no way I can be better than him. I won't measure up to my friends who have a "normal" family."

  I was having my devotions and I read John 1 as part of the study. I've read this before or at least heard it, but verse 46 jumped out at me...

  {And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see. ~John 1:46}

It hit me...Jesus was judged not for himself but for where he came from. Nathanael didn't know who Jesus was, Jesus's personality, Jesus's background. All he knew was the One called Christ was from Nazareth and he didn't believe good could come from there.

I have often heard the expression "Whatever you go through remember Jesus has gone through it too and understands." Yeah right....Jesus doesn't know EXACTLY what I'm going though because... Jesus didn't this and Jesus didn't that. No, too often I'm proved wrong. And tonight that has happened again. Jesus was judged like a book by its cover.  Just like I've felt I am sometimes. Good came out of Nazareth and I hope and pray that good comes from a Wray.

Blessings~
Savannah

1 comment:

  1. Love you, Jade! You have already/continue to prove that good can come from a Wray. Just re-read your post! God is using you for His glory thru things like this. Love seeing how He works thru you! :)

    ReplyDelete