Saturday, October 4, 2014

Always Being Hungry

I contemplated what to read for my devotions and Philippians came to mind, so I turned to it and chapter 4 caught my attention. I read along and came upon verse 12: I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all thinks I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

The phrase "Every where and in all things I am instructed to be full and to be hungry," really caught my attention. I thought about it in our Christian walk. We are to be full of the Word so we can teach and tell others, yet we are to be hungry that we keep searching the Scriptures and keep learning. We have to stay hungry or else we can become cocky that "We know it all and don't need to learn."

I was struck by this verse tucked in Philippians that I had never noticed before. I hope it provokes your thoughts as it did mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment